Saturday, April 21, 2012

About Varanasi

After Kolkatta we will go to Bodhkaya and Varanasi. Do you know a good cheap place in varanasi for about US$20 (that%26#39;s our stingy budget and no more!).



One more thing, how good is Varanasi? Should i stay 1 week or is a 2 or days enough to enjoy?





About Varanasi


Can%26#39;t help with the hotel I%26#39;m afraid. I spent a week in Varanasi in 2005 and could easily have staid longer. I think 2 days is a too short - hard to get to know a place in that time.





Varanasi draws Hindus from all over India which gives it a vibrant atmosphere and the twisting windy passages of the old town along the river and ghats can be great exploring. I%26#39;ve got a few photos of my visit in case that helps you decide: noexpectations.com.au/galleries/varanasi-ind…





Cheers, --Kip



About Varanasi


Hi Tukata, You will find a lot of character in Varanasi. It is old, and well visited by pilgrims and tourists from everywhere. My shortest stay was my first in 2001. That was 4 days, actually only one long afternoon by myself. Since then my best has been three and a half weeks. I certainly think you should enjoy long enough to see the ebb and flow of the city and to go off and explore a few places, like Sarnath. See a few dawns on the Ganga. I would recommend a small family guest house right in the very centre of the old city, beside the Shiva Vishwanath Temple. Check out their website it is www.monuguesthouse.com The top price for a room with facilities is about €10 which must be about 12 or 13 US dollars. It is central, cheap clean and friendly. The young guy Monu speaks excellent english. He is a musician. A week should be enough for a first visit. There are other brilliant places and experiences to enjoy, and you can always come back to Varanasi later, if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment