Saturday, April 21, 2012

Clean hotel

I need a clean hotel that is very close to the Golden Temple, with rooms that have 2 beds, to accommodate a family of 4.





To be honest, most of the hotels on TA (even the top 5 or so) all get such mixed reviews that it is difficult to make a decision.





I don%26#39;t want us to end up in a dirty room with no windows!





Any suggestions would be appreciated.



Many thanks.



Clean hotel


Hi,





Please herewith find few options;





i) Ranjit Svaasa http://www.welcomheritagehotels.com/Ranjit%26#39;s_Svaasa_Amritsar/Ranjit%26#39;s_Svaasa_Amritsar.htm





ii) Hotel Shiraz Regency www.hotelshirazregency.com





Have a Great Time!



Clean hotel


Thanks. I%26#39;ll look into them.




I stayed at the Hotel City Heart last year and found the hotel clean and value for money (Rs 1200 for a double room). Its just 5 minutes walking distance from the Golden Temple and Jalianwalan Bagh - so we managed to visit the temple both during the day and the night.





Also we walked around a lot in the adjoining narrow streets and came away rewarded with some excellent sights and street food. The have an inhouse restaurant that serves basic fare. They let me tell them how I like my cold coffee and toast so I was quite pleased with the result. For food there%26#39;s a restaurant just across the road which seemed decent enough though I didn%26#39;t try anything there. I was too busy stuffing my face with raisin and cashewnut filled aloo tikkis (potato patties) from the nearby street stall.





Ranjit Svasa is a heritage property and my friends who have stayed here speak highly of their rooms and services.




That%26#39;s very helpful. It%26#39;s always good to get such a personal recommendation. The food sounds great. I suspect I won%26#39;t be as thin on my return as I thought I would be!



Thank you.



KN.




Forgot to add. City Heart is right next to a busy lane and there are no views to be had from any of the rooms. Like I said earlier we found it a good base to visit the temple and explore the winding lnaes on foot. I was just going through the reviews and remembered that I styaed in the back rooms and could hear the generator during a power breakdown. Other reviewers who stayed in the front rooms complain of the noise from the street. If you think that might be an issue please choose Ranjit Svaasa instead %26lt;http://www.svaasa.com/ranjit/index.htm%26gt;




The Hotel p.s.nancy is a simple guest house, as you would expect for the price. It%26#39;s location is excellent, being just a couple of minutes walk from the durgiana Temple. What made staying here a real pleasure was the helpful attitude of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and if I visit Amritsar again, I would definitely return here.



www.hotelpsnancy.com




Thanks for the further info.





The latest review of Ranjit Svaasa says, ';Allegedly not available to Indian Nationals';. This does not paint an appealing picture!





As we want to stay close to the GT we%26#39;ll have to accept some noise. It%26#39;s only for 2 nights.





I%26#39;l probably plump for Indus, City Heart or Royal Inn, assuming any of them have rooms available.





Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment