Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Would like to have a suit and/or a dress made in Kolkata

Hi,



Have been reading quite a few of the excellent answers to people%26#39;s questions re Kolkata. One that I didn%26#39;t find a recent answer to was if anyone could give some uptodate info on where to go to find a good taylor that could make a suit in a couple of days. Also how much it ';should'; cost and if there is anything else I should think about in that regard. Like do I buy the fabric there or separate? If so where? I will go to Kolkata first week in March and stay at the Oberoi if that helps with location of taylors. Thanks a lot :)



Would like to have a suit and/or a dress made in Kolkata


Hi,



I suggest you purchase the material yourself from the Raymonds showroom in Lindsay Street, and get the suit done by Delite or any of the other fair sized tailoring establishments on Free School Street. Thats what I do. Alternatively, you can drop in at Burlingtons Shop on Free School Street (I believe its now run by the designer Komal Sood and her husband) and opt for a pre-cut dress which they customise for you.





Buy the material from either Raymonds or Reid and Taylor. Don%26#39;t buy any other cheaper brands that the shopkeepers push for sometimes. You will regret it later.



Would like to have a suit and/or a dress made in Kolkata


Thanks for quick reply. Will take your advice. You are an excellent source of information. Just a quick follow up question - could you give me a rough idea of how much it would cost to have a suit done where you suggest?




For a good suit, good material and quality tailoring, I would say about Rs 10,000 - 15,000. I would budget 150-200 Pounds or something like that.



Of course, you can go more expensive quality but this is just a ballpark idea.





Everywhere I have mentioned is within a 10 min walk from the Oberoi grand.




You could also go to Colour Plus and they will adjust an off the peg for you, speedily with 1st class tailoring. My husband has a number of suits from them. But Reid Taylor is also good. Barkat Ali on Park Street, is also good providing a wide choice of materials to chose and will cost about 拢250 for a made to measure suit.The can also do shirts. This is not far from Flurrys as a land mark for you



No comments:

Post a Comment