Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Going South

I am staying in Candolim and have accomodation there for the entirity of our 2 week stay. However I fancy going South to investigate some of the beaches and food there- I have heard it is paradise.





Where do people suggest that is nice? White sands etc etc! How would I get there? Too far for a motorbike? How much in a taxi? Can anyone recommend a place to stay- 2 star is fine as long as its clean!





Thanks



Going South


HI Claire,





There is quite a lot on this forum about where to stay etc... and as with everything, depends what you are looking for.





I have just come back from Agonda with my boyfriend. it was perfect. There are so many different places to stay.. we stayed in basic huts on the beach, for 700 rupees a night.





Agonda is nearer than Palolem and far far nicer, in my opinion! Very clean beach, very few people on beach, lots of places to eat.. fantastic food. It cost 900 from the airport.





www.bluelagoongoa.com is great for a night of 2... we stayed in a huge tent with double bed. around 1000 a night





If you want a better quality %26#39;hut%26#39; - Shanti, on Agonda beach, have fantastic 2 storey ones, for around 1500... I have the e mail if you need it and photos. Very nice, clean and fab food too! They use bottled water to wash all the veg etc and for ice...





Karen



Going South


Hello Taxi takes around 2 hours..50 miles...about 20 pounds and there are many places to stay but I think as before said Agonda..try Moonsoon and ask for Maya... is lovely as is Patnem beach..try a place called Home for a fabbie breakfast..go to the point and ask for Raga for a great massage and some relaxing Yoga..Batticuter (can%26#39;t spell!) for something different re food and bed.Do go it worth every minute of your time....and some..O and for a hotel and good food the Oceanic...




Hello can you give me the details of Shanti in Agonda?...I am looking for a place I saw when I was in Agonda it had lovely huts and I think that might be it..was it on the beach along a road!!!..how vague is that..anyhow thanks in advance




Thanks, that is helpful.





I have researched Agonda beach and it does sound lovely.





Will I need to book accommodation in advance as it will be xmas time, ir will it be ok to just turn up?





If you are staying over night I presume you find another taxi, different from the one you came down in, for the return journey?




Hello as nice as it would be just to turn up and be casual!!..I think at that time of the year it will be very busy so bookng may be a good Idea..You can ask your taxi driver if he would like to come and pick you up again the next day as it is work for him.... there will be no problem getting a taxi down there back north..It%26#39;s always nice to have a taxi driver you feel comfortable with..remember to check out prices before you go any where....We will be in Agonda in December at a place called Monsoon. Cheers.Gill




Thanks Gill, I thought that would prob be the case re booking! Do you have any details for Monsoon?





I have found a nice place called Madhu Coconut Beach huts in Agonda that have good reviews- I have emailed for prices but as yet no reply.







We are looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful as we have already paid for accomodation as part of our package deal so in effect will be paying twice for the nights we are in the south.




Sorry I have no details re monsoon...I just wait for Maya the woman who runs it to contact me at her leisure!!..There are other places but I don%26#39;t know their names..I shouldn%26#39;t worry about finding some where you have plenty of time...We stay also on a beach called Patnem its near Palolem and its really pretty..there is a place there on the beach run by a Swiss guy[very clean] which has huts and yummy yummy food...How much do you want to spend per night..I know of another place it%26#39;s where we often stay called the Oceanic and that can be book on their email after the 1st of June..can%26#39;t remember how much it was per night I%26#39;ll check for you..I like it because it%26#39;s quiet..and the food is great..Its in Patnem or at least along that road..It%26#39;s exciting planning isn%26#39;t it..Gill




Hi, Monsoon is next door to where we stayed at Royal Palm.we had breakfast there every day as they had %26#39;proper%26#39; coffee, large plunger!





Madhu does have a good reputation but there are far better huts - I didn%26#39;t go inside but we eat there a few times. He is one of the only ones on the net which is why lots have heard of him.they seems a little more expensive too.. for that reason. let me dig out Shanti%26#39;s number - Bobby. there are lots of gorgeous huts along the beach.. so yes it could be any which you meant!





PM me your e mail and i%26#39;ll e mail you the photos I have of Shanti.. regards Karen




We stayed at Madhu Cocohuts in Agonda 2 years ago and several other forum members (including DE Goanjock) have also stayed there so they have had quite a few mentions on this forum. Our hut was basic but fine and had a lovely sea view. The food at the restaurant/hut was brilliant and very reasonably priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment