Wednesday, April 25, 2012

India to Nepal transit at Delhi airport

Hi

I am travelling to Delhi in the next few weeks .I am actually en route to Kathmandu .My flight with Virgin from London arrives in Delhi at 11am .We then have a flight with Air India to KTM at 13.40 pm .I know that I do not need a visa to enter India if we just stay in the transit area in the airport and wait for my flight .I just need to know if this is quite straightforward .According to Virgin they cannot arrange for our luggage to be transferred onto the next flight so I guess we will have to go through immigration and collect our luggage to check in for the Air India flight .I just don%26#39;t want there to be an issue as we have no visa .Has anyone flown this route before and if so is it pretty easy to do the transit process without a visa and be able to check in for another international flight ?

Also another question !!

On the way back we want to stay in Delhi for 24 hours .We know we do need a visa for this ..trying to do the online application is difficult to say the least . We would like to get a transit visa which according to the site is 拢15 and is valid for 72 hours but it actually won%26#39;t process through the system meaning the only option is going for a tourist visa which adds up to 拢46 + postage which seems lot for 24 hours .Can you only get this 72 hour transit visa if you visit the high commission in London yourself ?

Many thanks in advance for any information

India to Nepal transit at Delhi airport

As I%26#39;ve done this a few times, both to Bhutan and to Nepal, I can tell you that you need a transit visum with double entry.

You have to collect your luggage, exit the aitport, go one floor up and enter the departure hall. I know this is not fair, but you need a visum. Last time before boarding my flight to Delhi they checked if I had a visum to enter, otherwise I could not enter the plane. It is expensive and in my opinion a waste of money, but better not playing with the rules.

I get my visa at my travel agent, again, a double-enrty transit visum is arranged, this is cheaper than a tourist visum. You can stay 72 hours at one time in India with it.

  • psoriasis treatment
  • my computer wont turn on
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment