Monday, April 23, 2012

where to stay

hi all

my husband and me are going to go to goa next year in january for 4 to 5 weeks and would like to know the best place to stay? we want to be close to the beach and a short walk from some night life and the hotel has to have a gym, i will need to do some form of exercise if im staying for that long and eating curry every other day because it wont be good for the waist line eating curry everyday! although i love my curries.

where to stay

I don%26#39;t know about hotels in the north, which is where you%26#39;ll find the nightlife, but in the south, the only hotels that have gyms are the 4/5 star resorts, which are expensive. You can join the gym at most of them even if you%26#39;re not staying there, as far as I know, but I don%26#39;t know if membership is available on a 4-5 week basis. I imagine it is.

There%26#39;s plenty of beach to run up and down...

where to stay

LGG

Your quote:

';There%26#39;s plenty of beach to run up and down...';

LOL

If I%26#39;d got the choice, I%26#39;d much rather be running, power walking or even just strolling along B/C/C beach than in a gym.


The Highland Beach in candolim has a gym above the restaurent and the Colonia De Braganza in Calungute has some equipment near the pool both budget type places in lively areas in the north.

The good news or it might be bad, there is a lot more than just curries to tempt you!

http://www.highland-beachresort.com/

http://www.goaresort.net/


Hi Davina I was going to suggest the Highland Beach in Candolim also.I persoally never went to the gym there but my friend who i went with went everyday.I wonder if thats why my jeans would%26#39;nt fit me when i got home LOL.Barbs


Hi,

We were staying in the Whispering Palms in Candolim and according to the hotel description they also have a gym. However, we did not try it out.

If you do decide to stay at Whispering Palms, it is worth upgrading into De luxe rooms. They are really nice.

The beach is very short walk away (less then 3 minutes).


Hi davina

My advice would be to stay in a guest house...

If you are staying 4/5 weeks you will be able to get a good deal....

  • connecting database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment