Monday, April 23, 2012

Where to spend Apr, May, and June in India? Nice weather/pho

Where to spend Apr, May, and June in India? Nice weather/photography trip.





I am planning a 3 month Indian trip (Apri, May, June), I know it is the Indian summer period, and it%26#39;s a bad time to travel so I wish to explore Himalayan India in May, and June (Kashmir, Uttarchand, Himchal Pradesh, etc...), but the question is where to spend April? I don%26#39;t like too much humidity, temperatures above 32, or too many rainy days, as I am a photographer, and I need clear skies for my photos. So, where do you recommend in April?





Keep in mind, in March (1 month before entering India), I am in Sri Lanka (I am spending March there), after Sri Lanka, I am flying to India, but I don%26#39;t know where in India to spend April? I am considering Goa, but my research shows it%26#39;s really hot, and I prefer breezy beaches, not sweltering.





Aside fro Goa, I am also considering just spending the entire 3 months in the far north of India, taking in Nepal perhaps? If I find a cheap flight (from Sri Lanka to Nepal, I%26#39;ll take it), and enter northern India after Nepal. Alternately, if I find a cheap flight from Sri lanka, directly to Srinigar, or another Indian Himalayan city, I will take it, and enter Nepal after.





Anyways, let me know your thoughts of India/Nepal in Apr, May, and June.





Thanks.



Where to spend Apr, May, and June in India? Nice weather/pho


Hi





Himachal pradesh will be a good idea for the months you are asking for ,,



Where to spend Apr, May, and June in India? Nice weather/pho


The kind of weather you require I would suggest you start with Sikkim,explore it thoroughly Kalimpong,Pelling,Gangtok,Yumthong,Gurudongmar Lake,Nathu La,Kurseong,Darjeeling.Next you could come to Uttranchal visiting Garhwal and Kumaon.The beauty of the Greater Himalayas is a sight to behold.There are a lot of trekking opportunities.Later you can shift base to Leh in Himanchal Pradesh,you can either continue with Himanchal Pradesh visiting Kaza,Sangla or go to Srinagar.Goa would not be a wise choice as it would be hot and you are comming from Sri Lanka.Enjoy your stay in India.




Those are my prefered destinations as well, but alltogether it sounds like a 3 month trip. My visa will last for 6 months, so where to spend the other 3 months (July/August/September)?





July-Sept is monsoon everywhere except Himalayas (which I will have already seen), and the Rajastan desert is too host at that time.





That leaves only SOUTH INDIAN HILL STATIONS, and I don%26#39;t think I can wonder in the mountains of South India for 3 months.




no monsoon months arent too hot in rajasthan infact pleasant and breezy.bearable humidity also.





it doesnt rain heavily like the coastal towns and south india and so one can roam around and enjoy the sights.





mt abu and udaipur, bijaynagar, chittor, jungles of banswara are places worth spending some time and also for photo shoots.





happy travels




July,August,Sept you could visit Rajasthan,Valley of Flowers as August end to September is the only time the flowers bloom.Maybe end it with Goa.




You%26#39;re advising me to spend July/and August in the Indian desert, Rajastan? What kind of temperature do you think occur there at this time?




Only July in Rajasthan,more specifically Udaipur and Mount Abu.Both cities will be pleasant.August and September could be Auli,Valley of Flowers,Chopta,Nandadevi Sanctuary and end it with Goa if you so desire.


  • hand lotion
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment