Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stupid Question about Visas

Dear all,

I am off to Goa in April (fingers crossed). I see they have done a number of things to make getting a visa easier. I was wondering if you could still go and queue up outside the High Commission in London and get the visa done on the same day?.

thanks

A very confused Dizzy

Stupid Question about Visas

Hi Dizzy, sorry you can no longer get the visa on the same day as previously. If you want to go in person, you need to go to one of the application centres, not the High Commission and collect your visa around 3 working days later.

Stupid Question about Visas

Thanks - good job I didn%26#39;t get down there at 6am like before lol.

So does it have to be done online?. Its that simple because I%26#39;m not to good on these things?. How long does it take?.

All stupid questions I know.


Hi Dizzy, if you do it online, you can get an appointment time to save yourself the hassle of queueing. Some people have got their visas without doing it online, some haven%26#39;t, so who knows for sure. Seems to depend on who deals with your application at the time. The online application really isn%26#39;t that difficult as long as you have all the information to hand and follow the instructions. The form is pretty similar to before. If you need any help, just shout.

The form takes around 40 minutes, yeah I know, slower than handwritten! If you go in person, it will be around 3 days before you can collect and you can track the progress of your application online.


If you live in London it is fairly quick now to

give your visa application in person. Only took

me about 10 minutes though it was in Xmas week and virtually empty. Only a 20 minute wait to collect it 3 days later. Much quicker and less chaotic than previously at the High Commission.


Dizzy

No questions are stupid unless you know the answer.

Ask away!!!!!!!!


Thanks - just nervous something will go wrong!!!! LOL


hi dizzy i printed forms of computer for my friend as she has%26#39;nt got one and she filled them in by hand.she got them back in 7 days.her brother in law sent for his visa using forms that he had from last year and they were returned today saying they were the wrong forms.(he would;nt be told)so it%26#39;s cost him 2 lots of posatge. but as meerkat says some hand written forms have been returned.


Thanks to a very helpful Meerkat 20 and spending two hours on my computer I now have VISA%26#39;s. WOOHOO. Alittle p%26#39;d off that they charged me £8 per visa to process my card (working for a bank I know it doesn%26#39;t cost that much).

Huge thanks again to Meerkat 20.

If anyone is out in Goa on the 11th April I will see you then.

X


So glad you%26#39;re sorted Dizzy and happy to have been of help :) and thanks for the PM :) Have a great holiday in April!!!


I have to admit to being somewhat nervous about our passports being back in time. Sent them on 23rd Feb for travel on 4th April. I have tracked them with Royal Mail who say that they arrived in Birmingham on 24th Feb. I was hoping that they would be back by now as I filled out all the forms on line and send the passports with all the necessary documentation. On line the tracking system just says that I have created the applications. Can anyone recommend how long before I get my hubbie to make a trip to Birmingham to try to locate them?

Lynda

  • parenting message board
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment