Thursday, April 19, 2012

Goa in April - too humid???

I am thinking of visiting Goa next month - mid April but have read it can be very cloudy and humid pre monsoon so am wondering whether it is worth the risk of whether I should go elsewhere. I am looking for predominantly a beach holiday so definiiely want a fair amount of sunshine - can anyone help me? Any good recommendations for areas as well as I am caught in between the quiet south and the more built up north at the moment...



Goa in April - too humid???


I think its still worth going but then I dont mind humidity. Things will be winding down, end of April is the end of the season. Its very quiet in the south and very busy in the north but I guess probably not so busy in April. Candolim in the north is quieter than Baga or Calangute. You would get wall to wall sunshine in egypt at that time, its getting more expensive, we have just booked for September but you can still get a good price if you look around.



Goa in April - too humid???


You might want to check the weather history to see exact figures for sunshine and humidity last April in Goa (see entire page, scroll to the bottom):





wunderground.com/history/鈥onthlyHistory.html




We went to Goa last year for the middle two weeks in April, and although it was more humid than earlier in the year it was still quite bearable, and almost wall-to-wall sunshine. Locals were telling us that the monsoons are starting later and later, so it is likely to be OK - but who really knows about the weather?



We stayed in the South, at the Heritage Village, and the hotel was still busy and lively, but there were only one or two beach shacks still fully operating. We went to the North for a day, by taxi, and it was much busier than the south, but not as manic as the North gets in peak season. Depends what you are looking for I guess, but I am sure you would have a great time there.



PS I would definitely go for a hotel with air conditioning in the rooms at that time of the year, to make sure you get a decent night%26#39;s sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment