Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Wedding shopping in Chennai - pls help !!!

Hello everyone !





This is my first post in the chennai forums and a pretty desparate attempt to get some leads on where we should be shopping for our wedding in India, later this summer.





This is my second vist to India and my first to Chennai! My fiancee is from Chennai and we will spending most of the time there for our shopping.





Having said that, I have no clue on where I need to be looking those bollywood%26#39;isqe sherwanis.





- Came to know from friends that Chennai isn%26#39;t quite the right place to be looking for north indian style wedding attire , and I should probably visit Hyderabad or Mumbai to get the best %26#39;look%26#39;.





-Some suggested I rather buy it online from a trusted designer store like rajistanistore.com





-My soon to be wifey from chennai thinks , chennai has more than a decent collection of designer bridal shopping available ( but not sure what they really are)





Given these 3 option , can you please suggest where I can find a good selection of designer bridal wear ?



Money is not a concern but I would like to avoid travelling to some distant city ( in mid - MAY) just for the kicks.





Thanks in Advance !!!



My Wedding shopping in Chennai - pls help !!!


I love Chennai for shopping and I guess T.Nagar may fit the bill for you. T.Nagar has some great multi level shops with fabrics and indian apparel. Take a taxi %26amp; just spend the day there looking around. If you cannot find what you%26#39;re looking for there then maybe Mumbai is the place to go. Check out www.makemytrip.com for discount flights. Good luck.



My Wedding shopping in Chennai - pls help !!!


Appreciate your response !!





I was looking at a few other responses on the forum and looks like Mokshaa and Nawabsons are good for traditional shervani%26#39;s





Has anyone been here or know what are stores/boutiques have similar or better collection of wedding attire ??





Thanks




Hi





Nawabson is good for traditional Sherwani%26#39;s.





Of late, Life Style (City Center) have a decent collection of designer Sherwani%26#39;s as well.





Rajan

No comments:

Post a Comment