Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TED stockings DVT

Just wondered how many of you wear TED (Thrombo Embolus Detergent) stockings to prevent DVT.

The moosis %26amp; i do...

TED stockings DVT

Nope can%26#39;t say I do.

Try to get up and stretch my legs as much as poss though.

TED stockings DVT

Yes I do on all flights I find they stop my ankles swelling up .


I have never tried them...my ankles and feet ALWAYS swell up on long haul,....Do they really work?

Susie.x


On First Choice flights, flight socks are (or were)given out with your amenity pack. Don%26#39;t recall having them last year with Monarch and dunno if Thomas Cook do them. Will find out soon though!


No Thomas cook dont give you them. Do they really work my feet always swell, gonna get some this time


yes i have found that they do work for me. My feet look like elephant feet at the end of the flight if i don%26#39;t wear them. They are quite expensive but worth it.

Another thing if anyone has had an operation and was given the TED stockings for that you could use those instead. I think the others might be about 20 quid in boots.


Yes yes yes- We do wear them even my 16 year old son and they do work. I wear them if we are even going on a long car journey as my legs swell quite bad but with using them they do not at all. I got a pair from the local chemist for £12.00 then found them at Asda for £3 are do just as good a job. Are you in the medical prof badgerlad? my mum use to call them ted stockings (she was a midwife) but most people know them as flight socks.


OMGosh!!!!...£20.00????....ebay here I go....

Susie.


My OH had always suffered with swollen ankles after flying but tried using flight socks after getting them as a present in an assortment of travel bits. They really do work....I was so impressed that I now use them myself. It%26#39;s a good idea also to spend some time standing and moving around every couple of hours at least. Get proper ones, the freebies supplied by airlines are not much good.


Hey Badgerlad!

We know your secret!!!!

You wear the ones with the suspender belt, and all the kit, don%26#39;t you??!!!!

DVT - Bah Humbug.................. just an excuse for you to dress up!!!

LOL!!

Regards

  • networking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment