Saturday, April 21, 2012

Travel

If anyone is travelling to the UK via European airports do not buy any duty free alcohol in India as we were stopped in Paris from taking alcohol on board flight to UK, even though the bags had been sealed at Bangalore airport. We had asked at Bangalore if we would have any problems and they had said no.



Travel


It works the same the other way around too. If you buy duty free at Heathrow and have to change planes in Mumbai or Bangalore, you won%26#39;t be allowed on the domestic flights with your duty free.



Travel


It is not the fact you bought it in Bangalore it is the fact it is more than 100mls.



If you buy alcohol in London Heathrow, land at Mumbai with this in your hand luggage you cannot legally take it on an internal flight within India.



In Mumbai we have been told that unless it is in your suitcase you cannot take it with you.



I was given an unopened bottle of wine by the crew on the International leg of a Jet flight because they had mixed up my meals and when I went to get on the Goa flight they told me I could not take it with me. My luggage had gone straight onto the plane so I had to give it back!!!!




snap - went for a cuppa whilst trying to load this dreadfully slow internet here.




Am I also correct that they do this on the Monarch flight that re fuels at Bahrain ?




Well, if you%26#39;re getting off the plane in Bahrain - I%26#39;d do my duty free shopping there rather than Gatwick or Goa...




Hi Feelthevibe my friend Gina came back last weekend flew dreaded bucket airlines(Monarch) and they did%26#39;nt go via Bahrain they went via Cyprus.I don%26#39;t think they were allowed off the plane when they refuled.someone who was on the flight might tell you if they were or not Barbs




should have said Gina went from Manchester Barbs




Flew from Manchester to Goa a few weeks back. Didn%26#39;t buy any duty free liquids, but did buy some liquids in Boots. The assistant did ask me if we had a direct flight to where we were going. I asked why, she explained that if we had to land anywhere before our destination the liquids would be taken of us whether they were sealed or not as they were over 100mls. So it looks like it is world wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment