Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mikes Hotel/Package Holidays

Has anyone who has been to Calvelossim seen the rooms at Mikes place, and would they reccommend staying there. The location is opposite the Dona Sylvia. I have heard he has a good restaurant but don%26#39;t know much about his rooms.

Last year I went to Baga and booked a package holiday. Are there any good travel web sites who can book hotels direct for you. All the ones I%26#39;ve tried who have links to trip advisor have all been expensive. Thanks.

Elly

Mikes Hotel/Package Holidays

You can book direct on Mikes Place website, I havn%26#39;t stayed there but I did look round in December for someone on the forum and the rooms, are large, clean I took some photo%26#39;s which I will try and put online so you can have a nosey.

http://www.mikesplacegoa.com/casadecris.html

Mikes Hotel/Package Holidays

also worth looking at is http://www.saodomingosgoa.com/lucianas.html again you can book directly just drop Edwin (the owner) an e mail.


If you want a package holiday Olympic go to Casa de Cris though we found the prices cheaper booking direct, but that%26#39;s for the New Year period. The Olympic holidays for next winter still aren%26#39;t showing online but they sent me an email in January saying they are available to book. We were quoted 2500rp a night booking direct.


Hi elly57Lanark

Not sure if you%26#39;ve read my review on Casa De Cris but we enjoyed it so much that we have just come home from our 2nd trip!

This time we had friends with us (Goan virgins) and they were very impressed with the rooms!

Mike%26#39;s Place is just across the way and is a very popular restaurant.

We also know of people who have been going to Baga in the North for the last 20 years and this time they were transferred (have yet to find out why) to the South and they are hooked!

Nearly forgot to say that we booked direct with Olympic Holidays this time as we had a better deal that we had xmas time or that we could put together independently - guess it%26#39;s just luck of the draw and down to timing!

Linda


Hi Linda,

No, only seen one review on Mikes Place on trip advisor, will look under Casa de Cris now.

Have actually taken the bull by the horns and booked. 3500 per night, approx £50 if the rupee holds at 70 to the £.

If you can recommend other things to see and do I would be obliged.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Elaine


That sounds a bit steep Elly, we were quoted 2500rp a night.


GEMMA.

Got it wrong, it is 2500 rupees, £35, pretty cheap compared to what I was going to pay at the Holiday Inn. I know there%26#39;s no comparison, but after having stayed in a 5 star hotel in Phukett, Thailand and hardly used the facilities, I%26#39;m going for a cheapy this time. Who needs 5 pools when the sea is so close, and expensive restaurants when there are so many out of the hotel.

Elaine


Glad to hear the price hasn%26#39;t increased by 1000rp a night Elly!

We stayed at the HI last time we were in Cavelossim and it was lovely but the only facilities we really used were the pool and the cake shop and we will still be able to go and try the cakes :-) However it%26#39;s far too expensive for Christmas/New Year period and although I will miss the pool and the beach front location I%26#39;m sure the room we%26#39;ve booked at Sao Domingos and the rooms at Casa de Cris are more than adequate for our needs. We paid more than the price each for b%26amp;b in Whitby 3 years ago lol.


Hi Elaine

If you click on my name you will be able to access my review, haven%26#39;t got around to doing a second one yet though.

On thing, which we think is a must, is the boat trip. Steve (one of the brothers) has a new boat, Cris Cruises and does an excellent day out! (I have posted a report on our last trip, titled something like Goa virgins and semi virgins.)

You can book it at Mike%26#39;s Place, excellent value for money!

I am sure that you won%26#39;t regret booking your holiday :-))

Linda


Linda, if you do a new review they will remove your first one as you%26#39;re not allowed to do 2 reviews on the same property. This happened to me when I went back to the same accommodation in Symi last October, they automatically deleted my first review though what I%26#39;d written in my second one was an addition to the original review. Meant I had to do it again as it didn%26#39;t make sense without the previous year%26#39;s comments. Just thought I%26#39;d mention it before your original review disappears completely!

  • skin discoloration rash
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment